Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity (MHASPA) Training
Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity (MHASPA) Training,
Rushden Mind is the only licensed provider of the Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity (MHASPA) training in Northamptonshire.
Who should attend?
Our three-hour workshop, Mental health awareness for sport and physical activity, was developed with support from sports coach UK, and is designed for coaches, sport administrators, volunteers and front of house staff.
We’ve listened to people living with mental health problems and people working in the sport and physical activity sectors to create a practical workshop that will help you:
- Understand common misconceptions about mental health and the impact of stigma and discrimination
- Identify the positive impact that being active has on physical and mental health
- Appreciate the barriers that stop people getting active
- Talk confidently about mental health
- Know where to signpost people to if they need support
- Identify practical actions to make your service more accessible for everyone
- No prior knowledge of mental health is necessary
- Three-hour workshop
- Can be delivered in-house at the location of your choice
- Up to 20 delegates can attend
- £325-£425 depending on location
Please contact us to arrange a training session, or find out when the next course is running near you. Costs on application.